I am writing to sincerely thank you for your recent contributions to the field of Cult Awareness Education. I am deeply grateful that you and your constituents are so vocal in re-focusing America and that this passionate venture is bringing to light that which has been hidden, roiling beneath the surface of our national sentiment. Cults have long been considered obscure and of concern to only a small fraction of our population but since you have taken center stage in our country; you have prompted an enormous national focus on these issues, stimulating unprecedented world-wide interest. I am convinced that this is indeed a good thing and as an educator I appreciate this teaching opportunity.
I trust that you will agree with me Donald, that Cult membership (in all types of Cults) did not suddenly balloon in the last year, but that these “high control groups”, as we now call them, have been a strong, steady current attracting millions of people in wildly different ways for many, many years. Americans engage in a wide spectrum of cults ranging from what I call “Soft Cults” that are fairly harmless, to highly controlled Religious, Political and Psychological Cults all the way up on to the most violent ones: ISIS, KKK and the like. At this point in history, I believe that most of the global population has been impacted by Cult Dynamics and this fact sits squarely in our collective Blind Spot.
Thankfully, your rise to power is helping to shine a light on this.
Thank you Donald, for so clearly demonstrating the traits of a Cult Leader. (see https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201208/dangerous-cult-leaders scroll down to the list of 50 traits of the pathological cult leader.)
Thank you Donald, for using Cult Strategies in such a high profile manner for millions upon millions to witness. (see http://reallyweirdstuff.com/howtobesuccessfulcultleader.htm http://workingpsychology.com/intro.html )
From one entrepreneur to another, I will admit that until recently, I was floundering in my efforts to pitch my business but all that has changed, thanks to you. I know that I still have an uphill climb, but now at least, the need for Cult Awareness Education is squarely on the map.
In all seriousness, I need to say that our country is doomed to unequivocal human and environmental disaster if you and your colleagues continue to push the White Nationalist agenda. Please ask your leadership team how much suffering you are willing to inflict on the American people before recognizing the profound selfishness of that cult's code. Let us look with honesty at the strengths and weaknesses of our great country and replace cult leadership with integrity and true passion for Truth, Freedom and Democracy.
With gravity and gratitude,
Cult Awareness Educator
P.S. In case you don’t want to click on the links above, here is a small sample:
50 typical traits of the pathological cult leader (from Dangerous Personalities) you should watch for and which shout caution, get away, run, or avoid if possible:
- He has a grandiose idea of who he is and what he can achieve.
- Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, or brilliance.
- Demands blind unquestioned obedience.
- Requires excessive admiration from followers and outsiders.
- Has a sense of entitlement - expecting to be treated special at all times.
- Is exploitative of others by asking for their money or that of relatives putting others at financial risk.
- Is arrogant and haughty in his behavior or attitude.
- Has an exaggerated sense of power (entitlement) that allows him to bend rules and break laws.
- Takes sexual advantage of members of his sect or cult.
- Is hypersensitive to how he is seen or perceived by others.
- Publicly devalues others as being inferior, incapable, or not worthy.
- Is frequently boastful of accomplishments.